We look forward to seeing everyone THIS Saturday on the Flight Deck of the USS Yorktown at Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum!
Registration starts at 11:00a. The first pull is scheduled for noon.
The event is free for spectators, so bring your family and friends out for a day of fun supporting RMHC Charleston. Parking is $5. Food, provided by Sticky Fingers, will be available for purchase and 100% of beer sales will be donating back to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Charleston!
2 round trip Southwest tickets to anywhere in the Continental U.S.
2 tickets to Hootie & the Blowfish Friday Night Concert in Charleston
2 Delta Picnic Bags
2 Night Stay at Hotel Indago- Mt. Pleasant
(10) $50 Starbucks cards
4 Tickets to Fort Sumter
*See directions for Team Captains below*
What is the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Charleston Plane Pull?
Let’s Talk Plane English. The RMHC Charleston Plane Pull gives teams of 10 a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pull a fighter jet, on top of the Yorktown flight deck, while raising vital funds for the families staying at the House. This amazing competition gives organizations from across the Charleston area the chance to see if they can, in fact, pull our airplane in the fastest time. All of the proceeds raised ( a minimum of $2,500 per team) will support the families staying at the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Charleston.
Date: April 14th, 2018
Location: Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum: On the USS Yorktown Flight Deck
Goal: Each Team will compete to pull the F-18 Hornet weighing ≈18,000 pounds the fastest over 100 feet. Teams will face elimination rounds until the final playoff!
Attendance: Over 400 pullers and spectators
Team Liftoff Package - $2,500 (Minimum Fundraising Goal)
To participate in the Plane Pull, every team is required to raise a minimum of $2,500 for the families staying at RMHC Charleston. Once the fundraising minimum is met, the team will receive the following:
· Chance to pull the plane: The opportunity to form a team of 10 pullers.
· Entertainment: The team and their fans will have access to food & drinks, a raffle, games, and much more!
· T-Shirts: Each member of the team will receive an event T-Shirt
· Team sign: A team sign will be provided for the team picture.
- 1st, 2nd , 3rd place
- Best Fundraiser
- Best Team Name
- Fastest Team
-What Were You Thinking
The reason for this extraordinary event is very close to our hearts: The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Charleston. We are a 32 bedroom 'Home-away-from-home' for families of critically ill children being treated in area hospitals. We rely on the community to raise the needed funds to keep our house open 365 days of the year, 24 hours a day.
So, let’s pull together and support your favorite team!
For Team Captains:
1. Click: Start fundraising
2. Create a Page Title
3. Target Goal (minimum of $2,500) Team Captain can change this later in the process.
4. Team Captain Name
5. Team Contact Address
7. Sign in with Facebook or with e-mail &password. (Password must be 8 characters long)
8. Add profile photo
9. Personalize your story (optional, but recommended)
10. Share it on Facebook (optional, but recommended)
To activate your Team page:
1. Click ‘Create a New Team’
2. Create Team Name: (Be Creative, award for best team name)
3. Change Target Goal by clicked ‘Edit this team page’
4. Add Team Picture
5. Invite Team Members
6. Share Team Member Directions if necessary